Thursday, May 1, 2008

Pro-Life Pessimism?

Last night I recieved my Voter's Guide from Oregon Right to Life. As a strong Pro-Life person I was a bit shocked to see the pessimism coming from ORTL. The rumors still abound that they endorse Pro-Choice Candidates for political expediency. If that is true- and I don't know if it is or not but am trying to find out -- then no wonder they are pessimistic.

The thing that surprised me the most is that their Political Director Lois Anderson wrote her piece with such shallow intellectual analysis. I am what I call and evangelical Catholic, so I can speak about Catholics without my friends getting upset. Lois claims that Catholic voters are "flocking back to the Democratic Party". Lois I beg to differ. If you know anything about the Catholic Church you know that we have a strong pro-life policy. We have very strong pro-marriage policy. We have very strong anti-suicide policy. We have very strong stance on adultry, sodomy and that they are sin. So Lois, I say to you that Catholic Voters are not leaving the Republican Party. Rather, Democratic voters are leaving the Catholic Church.

No comments: